Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Night Fun

Believe it or not I quite like making night dresses.  I'm not sure why as I do not make frilly fancy nighties, just plain simple A-line sorts.  When I cannot think of what to make someone I often settle for a nightdress.  This is exactly what happened when my Nanna's birthday came around.  Nanna is a little shorter than I, so I shortened the pattern accordingly.  The material is some lightweight stuff that I picked up at work, before I actually worked there.  I use bias binding on the neckline and armholes for a neater finish.
Completed dress

Close up of binding on armholes
I ended up using the Vesta again for this and was very pleased with the results, I am starting to get the hang of steering and treadling at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. Looking like a good year. I hope you ate some of the samphire - and have paid for the ring. I have a ring in a similar style, but gold and diamonds. Happy sewing and indulging. XXXX

    ReplyDelete