Search This Blog

Saturday 28 December 2013

Twas the night before Christmas.....

.....and I was running hopelessly late, as usual!  I only started Grandma's nightdress on Christmas Eve and finished it at about 9.30 that night, with a break from 1.30 - 6.30 for work.  I worked from KWIK SEW's Lingerie book, making a basic gathered night gown with a lined yoke.  Lined yokes are slightly more work than single yokes but they look much nicer!  Here are some pictures.



My sister received this lovely cameo that she spotted when she came into work last Saturday.  It's on a sterling silver chain.


Her one desire has been an Elvis Presley pencil case.  I used the 306, I gave it a break after that, any more and it could have found its way out the window!  I'm using the Necchi now.





I wore my Rose pinafore with the old tap shoes at Christmas.


I received a lot of dress patterns for Christmas.  I've already started making one.
Here is the pattern, I'm making view C in a size 8

Sorry about the angle of the photo!

Here is the material


Unfortunately there are a lot of faults in the dyeing of this material and one of them has found its way to almost centre front.  It's not hugely noticeable but it is annoying!

I'm sewing the dress on the Necchi Supernova Ultra Mark 2, a beautiful, Italian made machine.  Sadly we don't have any cams for it but it makes a lovely stitch.


2 comments:

  1. I want to see Grandma modelling the nightie... Perhaps the Big Bad Wold got her?
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She went home yesterday. Apparently it fits nicely though!

      Delete