Search This Blog

Saturday 20 December 2014

A Christmas Shirt

Unfortunately I did not finish my shirt in time for last Sunday however I had a good time on that day.  I ended up catching up with a relative for lunch after I finished volunteering and we had a nice lunch together before I did some more shopping.  During the week following I managed to complete the shirt and it is shown below.

Other than the buttonholes I sewed the entire thing on the Vesta with seam finishing by the overlocker as I find that to be the most effective with garments like shirts that I wear a lot.


I cut a self facing 6cm wide with the sleeves and turned it up and top stitched, I'm quite happy with the results.


I chose light green buttons as they were the best match I could find.  The collar turned out much better than I expected it to, even though I try hard my collars are a little hit and miss.


The buttonholes were stitched on the Singer 306.  There is no buttonhole setting you have to manually adjust the width and direction but if you have the patience and nerves it makes a lovely buttonhole.


In other news I brought this lovely ring home from work today, I'm considering buying it as I really like it.  It is German, Sterling Silver and marcasite apparently.



No comments:

Post a Comment