Search This Blog

Monday 12 January 2015

Curtains

My Grandmother wanted new curtains in the laundry and kitchen.  Blockout in the laundry but anything in the kitchen.  After four hours trailing through shops to get material and curtain tape (we had a wait of over an hour just to get served for seven metres of curtain tape, which transpired to be the wrong stuff anyway) I made a start on the laundry curtains.  The laundry curtains were made on the Necchi Supernova Ultra mark 2 and it did a very good job.  Because of the blockout I couldn't use pins and I ended up 'pinning' everything with masking tape, which can just be ripped off around the stitches.  The finished laundry curtains are shown below.


I sewed the kitchen curtains at Grandmas and took the Singer 306 up there.  Despite the material being crepe like the machine behaved very well and other than the final hem (which has gone very awry) they are finished.  Hopefully I'll finish the hem soon and we can hang them next time we go up there.

Measuring the material on the lounge floor

Pattern matching with a little help from the dog

Makeshift sewing set up in the lounge, the iron was diagonally opposite.
In other news I have just returned from watching Night At The Museum - Secret Of The Tomb at the movies for the second time.  I love the film and must buy it on DVD eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you wore a nightdress to the movie... Curtains look good in laundry. I don't have a hassle with you in the red dress - very classic.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think that may have been a little odd..... Glad you like the curtains though!

      Delete