Search This Blog

Monday 18 November 2013

Fashion Mate 362 continued

The continuing saga of the Fashion Mate.  There is a particular type of Singer pedal that seems to have a bit of a fault.  I'm not sure if it's an age thing or to do with them being stored, because ones in constant use don't seem to have the problem, whereas only a couple that I've come across that have been stored have been OK.  I'm afraid I forgot to take a picture of the pedal so I've had to get this one from the internet, courtesy of sewingmachinenut.blogspot.com.



These pedals are found on a wide variety of Singer sewing machines from Hushmatics to Touch and Sews.  However they have a highly undesirable habit of going up in a nice little plume of smoke and a nasty smell.  Apparently it's the capacitors but it is a trifle disconcerting the first few times.  As you have probably guessed that's exactly what the Fashion Mate did to me when I started to sew with it, I had a feeling it might because it looked like it had been stored for a while.  All is not lost though, B's son is trying to get a new capacitor for me, which would be great!

Before I got as far as plugging it in though I did a thorough 'cosmetic job' on the machine and it looks really clean and shiny now:



A lot nicer than before!
                                                                            Before

Hopefully we can get capacitors for it and there will be nothing else wrong with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment