Search This Blog

Saturday 25 January 2014

An Oldie but a .......Goodie..??

A while ago ( and it was a while ago, when I first started using the 206 as my go-to machine) I made this skirt.


 I liked it, even if it was a little odd because I made it up as I went.......wrong usually!  First time I just stitched the purple broadcloth pieces together and I couldn't get into it so I found some garish quilting material and made pleated side panels and matching waist-band.  I liked it, it was colourful and I love colourful (think Freddie Mercury, Shirley Strachan, Elton John...) but sadly almost everyone else was stuck for something nice to say about it.  I suddenly decided yesterday, what the heck, I was going to wear it out anyway.  So being me, instead of pairing it with plain top and shoes I created this outfit:


Yes I know, just laugh quietly will you?

We are forecast more warm weather this coming week but here are some pictures I took the week before last.



Below are some images of the three 'colourful' mentioned above, in some of their more interesting costumes.




From 'It's A Hard Life', one of my favourite Queen's.


One of Shirl's more interesting, if not better clad, costumes.
And I'm off for another bout of tidying up.....ooohhhh I hate it!

1 comment:

  1. Very a la mode - we must have clash, as every reader of InStyle magazine knows...
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete