Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Starting Simplicity 1777

I have started the Galactic Satin Dress.  I am making Simplicity 1777 with the contrasting panel and long sleeves.


I decided to change machines and use the Borletti to make this.  I have to say I wish I had stuck to the Necchi!  The Borletti is very sleek and even comes with cams but I think the thread is getting caught somewhere and there seems also to be a bit of a lack of speed control.  I don't remember having either of those problems last time I sewed with that machine but maybe I've just got more finicky.


Finally an overview of the Galactic satin.


Maybe if I get time tomorrow I will post some construction details for it.  The satin is sliding all over the place and absolutely nothing is staying lined up for more than approximately a second, I think I'm going insane trying to get seams the same length!  I've also managed to upset my overlocker tonight, something I will hopefully be able to resolve tomorrow morning when I'm not so tired!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intergalactic battle... but I know you'll win.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Borletti is a powerful machine, when I tested mine the table vibrates, hang on to it.

    ReplyDelete