Search This Blog

Friday 28 November 2014

Second-hand Retro Dresses

Yesterday I mentioned that I had acquired two genuine vintage dresses from work.  Bright and early this morning I washed them and hung them out to dry as the weather was delightfully warm.  My red dress has not gone well today so I am not going  to show pictures of it, instead I will show pictures of these dresses.  My favourite of the two dresses is the blue one and I think it may fit me, however I do not think the green one will, unless I put on a lot of weight!

The green one is made from a very nasty feeling knit of some kind.  It is a princess seam and I really like the neckline.
From the front

Waist detail

Neck detail
The second is a beautiful full skirted dress with a muslin skirt lining.  It has a particularly delightful shoulder detail and a lovely belt attached.  This dress needs lots of work on it though and most of the seams are fraying.  I think it may fit me as it is too small for our smallest mannequin.

Front of dress

Shoulder detail

Belt buckle.  Belt buckles at back.

Front of the belt.

Metal toothed zip.  The dress zips up the back.
The observant among you may have noted the second, apron-wearing, mannequin in the background.  This apron is a project in progress and is one of the five (!) I have made for Christmas.

Hopefully I will be more in the mood to post about my red dress again tomorrow, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment