Search This Blog

Monday 5 May 2014

Finished Projects

Today I'm showcasing two finished projects!

The first is the blue shirt I was making on the Godfrey, it fits very nicely and I really like it!

From the front

Close up of collar and buttons

Close up of sleeve slits
These were the first sleeve slits I had made and I was very happy with how they turned out.  I made the buttonholes on a Singer buttonhole attachment for straight stitch machines but not with the Godfrey.  The Godfrey decided buttonhole attachments were simply awful and made its feelings felt.  I ended up using an Alfa instead.

The second finished project is the blue rose print top.  I bought the material just over a year ago, knowing exactly what I wanted to make with it, it just took me forever to get around to it.  I used an old Style pattern (the number of which escapes me) but added buttons down the front and contrasting binding on the sleeves.  I know it looks really shapeless but when it's on it isn't as bad.  I wear it with a belt or tucked into my trousers.

From the front

Buttons

Binding and the best likeness of the actual material!
I know I never posted pictures of the finished Galactic Satin dress, maybe I'll get around to that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment