Search This Blog

Saturday 24 May 2014

Husqvarna 250 continued

I finally got to sew with the Husqvarna 250 yesterday morning.  I have to say I wouldn't go out of my way to own one but I have certainly sewed with worse machines.  It certainly has a range of stitches, both functional and decorative.  My stitch sample can be seen below.


The tension isn't perfect, I know but after sitting in the shop for a few days so many children will have 'adjusted' the tension that there is no point in me perfecting it.

Much to my surprise this machine came complete with most of the original accessories.  All of the original feet, the brush and throat plate remover (in one), the light bulb holder, spare spool pin, spool holders, clearance plate and one bobbin were remaining.  And the instruction manual of course (if anyone would like a copy, let me know).


It also came with the hard cover and the flat-bed was still with the machine.  Flat-bed attachments have a frustrating tendency to go walkabout.

2 comments:

  1. I would love a copy of the manual for this machine if you still have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do still have a pdf version, if you would like to send me an email I will send you a link to get it from google docs as it's 20MB and I can't email them.

      Delete